Thursday, September 24, 2009

Today is a new day.

I'm sitting here watching Gilmore Girls on my television up in my room as I'm writing this. A few minutes ago I realized I hadn't posted on this blog since last September. A whole year. My life has changed so much in an entire year. I think this'll be my reboot on this site, my redo. I'll start fresh and clean right here and now and go on about how much I'm different than the last time I wrote a post. (Which shouldn't even be considered a post since it was - what? - three words.)

Since last September I've gained and lost a boyfriend, I've gained and lost friends, and I've also graduated from high school and have been going to college. There. You're all caught up now.

College is not at all like what people tell you it's like. Sure, every college is different, every experience is different, every person is different. But, the college I'm at right now is definitely not like all the ones I've seen or read about, or the type of college that welcomes its new students with open arms, smiles, and a few hugs. My college is small, it's cramped, it's uncomfortable, and I haven't made any new friends at all. Granted, that also could be due to the fact I caught something and have been out for the past two or three weeks, but no one is all that friendly. I want these next two years to just be over as soon as possible so I can go off to somewhere better (perhaps San Francisco? I'm hoping) and make new friends and actually start working towards my future career.

It makes me feel a little bit insane that I'm writing all this to no one, and especially to the Internet, but I just had to get it off my chest. My parents aren't really all that listen-y at the moment. They keep telling me to 'Study hard, get good grades, and do my best.' I'm doing all those, but I want a social life, too. My last two best friends turned out to be users and manipulators and so I've been left with myself for these past few months, since Comic Con.

Yes, I went to Comic Con again this year. It was a lot more laid back than last year as far as what to do. I was used to the cramped metro cars, the insane amount of people on the sidewalks, not being able to sit down because of 'fire hazards.' I did get to meet a lot more celebrities than I did last year, and they were just as nice and sweet. I even met Alexander Skarsgård and Stephen Moyer, who were the two most sweetest men I've ever met in my life. The only thing I found a little odd was when I was leaving Alex to move down the line at the booth (because of another shoving situation; God, I love people) he did watch me leave. But, then again, I felt like the happiest girl in the world because of it, and I don't care if no one believes me because that's just how I'll remember it until I forget it.

I think I'm getting back into the swing of things, with school, with life, with this, and I do hope to have more interesting things to talk about in the near future. For now, I'm just sick and writing this and listening to Rory and Lorelai go on and on about something amusing. Today will be a waste, but at least I wrote this.

P.S. I will talk more about my writing very soon. I've gotten many new ideas since last year and I do plan to talk about them here.

P.P.S. Does anyone know how to write a literary query? I need major help.

No comments: